BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PROJECT PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS
* PLEASE NOTE: You must choose a “Main Category” first. “Additional Category” without the “Main Category” will not be accepted. All submissions in the ‘Additional Categories’ “Best Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Acting Debut, Best Child/Young Actor/Actress, Best Voice Over, Best Director, Best 1st Time Director, Best Producer, Best 1st Time Producer and Best Stuntman etc.” and all categories that are attributed to a personal role require the name of the person you are candidating to the category. You can send us the name with the Cover Letter on FilmFreeway or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The name must match with the real person who covers the role.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
What we’re looking for: Films that can be in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non-fiction), animation, series/program pilot, web-series, trailer, book trailer, videogame trailer, advertise and music video • We accept all genres in any language, only with English subtitles. Films in English language with English subtitles are appreciable for a possible screening during the Public Event in the South of France, in May 2019 • Films must be submitted to at least one ‘Main Category’ in order to be qualified for ‘Additional Categories’.
• After a film has been selected as an ‘Official Selection’, the filmmaker will be notified via FilmFreeway. It means that you are now eligible for the awards and you can use the festival Laurel on your poster
• Winning categories varies every month depending on the submission we receive. If we think the categories submitted is not to a standard of the STTFF Awards win, it will be removed
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
By submitting your film, take note that: You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose. Entry fees are non-refundable. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be submitted to multiple categories. The films will not be available online. We may promote some of the films by uploading their trailers/teasers/posters/production stills on our website www.sttropezfilmfestival.com and on our social media outlets.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
1. “Additional Category” without the “Main Category” will not be accepted.
2. Amateur videos and smartphone videos.
3. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organisations.
4. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda.
6. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD).
Main Categories available:
Best Feature Film, Best Short Film, Best Under 5 Minute Short Film, Best Series Pilot/Program Pilot, Best Web-Series, Best B-Movie, Best Animation/Stop Motion, Best Documentary, Best Student Film, Best Silent Film, Best Experimental Film, Best Music Video, Best Trailer, Best Advertise/Videogame Trailer.
Additional Categories available:
Best Comedy/Dark Comedy Film, Best Adventure/Action Film, Best Thriller/Mystery Film, Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Film, Best Horror/Drama Film, Best Historical/War Film, Best Noir/Detective Film, Best Western Film, Best Romance/Musical Film, Best Fan Film/Parody Film, Best LGBTQ Film, Best Biographical Film, Best Nature/Ethnographic Film, Best Social Justice Film, Best Sport Film, Best Director, Best 1st Time Director, Best Producer, Best 1st Time Producer, Best Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Acting Ensemble, Best Acting Debut, Best Child/Young Actor/Actress, Best Voice Over, Best Stuntman, Best Scenography, Best Natural Scenography, Best Costumes, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography, Best Make-Up, Best Prosthetic Make-Up, Best Original Prop/Mock-Up, Best Practical Effects, Best Original Soundtrack, Best Song, Best Sound Design, Best Drone Video, Best Fight Choreography, Best Dance Choreography, Best Editing, Best Screenplay, Best Poster.
Please select the right category while submitting to avoid disqualification.
‘Additional Categories’ are accessible only after submitting to a ‘Main Category’. Submissions only to an ‘Additional Category’ without a ‘Main Category’ are not accepted. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards!
The STTFF Awards is hereby granted the rights to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations. The competition reserves the right to refuse entries. The festival jury can remove the movie from the competition at any time. The number of awards given every month varies on the submissions we receive.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the St. Tropez Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.